As the world becomes more environmentally conscious, many travelers are seeking out sustainable options for their outdoor gear. From backpacks to hiking shoes, there are many eco-friendly brands that are making a difference in the outdoor industry. In this article, we’ll take a look at 10 sustainable outdoor gear brands for eco-friendly travelers.
- Patagonia is a well-known outdoor gear brand that has made sustainability a priority for over 40 years. They use recycled materials and organic cotton in their clothing, and have also implemented sustainable practices in their manufacturing process. In addition, they donate 1% of their sales to environmental causes.
- Cotopaxi is a certified B-Corp outdoor gear brand that uses sustainable materials and ethical manufacturing practices. They use leftover fabric from other companies to create their backpacks, and also partner with local artisans to create unique products. Cotopaxi also donates 1% of their revenue to charity.
- Tentree is a sustainable outdoor gear brand that is committed to planting trees. For every item purchased, they plant 10 trees in various locations around the world. They also use sustainable materials like recycled polyester and organic cotton in their clothing.
- United By Blue is a B-Corp certified outdoor gear brand that is dedicated to cleaning up our oceans and waterways. They remove one pound of trash from oceans and waterways for every product sold. Their clothing is also made from sustainable materials like organic cotton and recycled polyester.
- Toad&Co is a sustainable clothing brand that also makes outdoor gear. They use sustainable materials like recycled wool and hemp, and their factories are certified by the Fair Trade organization. They also partner with nonprofits to support environmental and social causes.
- Nau is an outdoor clothing brand that uses sustainable materials like organic cotton, recycled polyester, and hemp. They also prioritize ethical manufacturing practices and donate a portion of their sales to environmental organizations.
- Vasque is a sustainable hiking shoe brand that uses environmentally friendly materials like recycled polyester and cork. They also prioritize responsible manufacturing practices and have implemented a recycling program for their shoes.
- EcoVessel is a sustainable water bottle brand that is committed to reducing plastic waste. They use materials like stainless steel and glass, and also offer a variety of accessories to help reduce waste, like reusable straws and coffee cups.
- BioLite is a sustainable camping gear brand that uses renewable energy to power their products. They offer a variety of products, including camping stoves and lights, that use renewable energy sources like solar power and biomass.
- Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) is a Canadian outdoor gear brand that is committed to sustainability. They use sustainable materials like recycled polyester and organic cotton in their clothing, and have implemented sustainable practices in their manufacturing process. They also donate a portion of their sales to environmental causes.
There are many sustainable outdoor gear brands that are making a positive impact on the environment. From clothing to camping gear, these brands are using sustainable materials and ethical manufacturing practices to reduce their environmental footprint. As an eco-friendly traveler, it’s important to support these brands and make sustainable choices for your outdoor adventures.